How to Adjust the Distance Between Columns Easily in Microsoft Word. When you make writing in a columns format, sometimes you feel the distance between the columns are too close or too far perhaps. By the way, you can easily adjust the spacing between columns written in Microsoft Word with the following steps.
- Click on a column that will change the spacing between columns
- Point your mouse cursor to the ruler
- If the mouse cursor has changed into a two-way arrows, horizontal left and right, click and drag to the left or right to change the distance between your columns. At the time of dragging the process is done, you will see vertical dotted lines change with the position.
- If the column space has been to your liking, release the mouse button.
- The distance between the columns of your writing has changed.
Tips when Set the Distance Between Column Text in Microsoft Word
- When you do a drag to minimize the distance between the columns, there is a minimum distance allowed by Microsoft Word.
- To set a more specific range or precision, you should use the column dialog for setting the column.