How To Set the Text Margin Distance in Microsoft Word Table Cells. Sometimes we feel the distance spacing between the text and the border is too close to our table, on the other times we just want to save space and feel the distance between the text and the border is too far because we want to save the use of the width of the page paper we work in order to accommodate a table with columns very much. To do that we can use the facilities already provided in Microsoft Word to set the distance spaced text with table border.
- Select the table you wish to change the text spacing with table border.
- In the table the tools menu, select Layout ribbon
- Click the Properties button located on the left
- Steps 2 and 3 above can be changed by:
- click the right mouse button on the table.
- Select Table Properties item
- Next you’ll be given a Table Properties dialog.
- In the dialog select the tab Table
- Then click the Options button at the bottom right
- Your return will be given a Table Options dialog.
- In the dialog fill spacing or margins in accordance with yours
- Cell margins Fill Default Value:
- Top: The distance margin between text and the border of the Cell
- Bottom: The distance between the text margins with the bottom border of the Cell
- Left: The distance between the margin of the text with the left border of the Cell
- Right: The distance between the text margins with the right border of the Cell
- When finished Click OK
- You will be back on the table properties window. Click OK to save the changes you have done.
Tip Set the margins of the text in cell spacing tables ms word
You can also create text that is already in the cell for close enough to the border cell line by regulating the paragraph of text. However, changes to the settings by using the paragraph has a weakness, which will be “error” if we still vary the size of the columns in the table. If we change the table columns, we must also return the paragraph to make sure it is correct / appropriate.