How to Make Newspaper Column Writing Easily in Microsoft Word. You must already know about the text column in the newspaper. The writing on the paper using some of the columns so that the reading process becomes more comfortable. Microsoft Word also provides the facility to make writing with forms such as newspaper columns. To create a column of text in Microsoft Word 2007 you can use the following steps.
- Create your typing or writing in advance.
- Next, block the text that will be made into a columns
- Select the Page Layout Ribbon
- Click the Columns button.
- On the popup menu that appears you will be given several options, pick one of it:
- One: create a form of writing a column (as usual typewriting)
- Two: make text into two columns of equal width
- Three: make text into 3 columns of writing the same large width
- Left: make text into 2 columns, left hand column is smaller than the right column.
- Right: make text into 2 columns, right-hand column is smaller than the left hand column.
- More columns: displays the other options for making further columns.
Tips when Creating Columns in Microsoft Word
- If you want to make four columns or more then you can make it by accessing the menu item More Columns.
- You can reset the column that you created by making the text into one column.