How to Convert Text to a Table in Microsoft Word. You can make text into a table. To change the text into a table, the text that you have must have a clear pattern with the proper use of the separator. To find out further use of the separator, you should also see how to convert tables into text, for example where the text for the cell is limited by the separator as a comma “,” semicolon “;”, tab or other patterns. To do the conversion text to tables in Microsoft Word 2007 you can follow the steps below.
- Highlight the text you want to make a table
- Click on the Insert ribbon menu
- Then click the table
- From the popup menu that appears, select the item Convert Text To Table
- Next you’ll be given a dialog Convert Text to Table to the process of converting text into tables
- At the Separate text at, make sure the option chosen is Commas, because we have separated the text data using comma separator “,”. If your data have other separator so you must type it on other text box
- Make sure that all have been loaded correctly, then click OK.
- Table data derived from the text is there in your document. You can just do the editing to enhance the look of the table.
Tips To Convert Text to Table
Make sure the text separator you use. This will determine the charging data in the cell in the table.