How to Create Table Easily in Microsoft Word Document. Table is a necessity if we have to show a considerable amount of data. To create a table in Microsoft Word 2007 is quite simple way. You can instantly see how many rows and columns of the table you wish to make. To create a table in Microsoft Word 2007 you can do so by following steps.
- Select / place the text cursor at the place or location where the table will be inserted in the document.
- Click on the Insert ribbon menu
- Then click the table. You’re immediately given how many columns and rows that will be made.
- Suppose we want to create a table with a size of 5 columns and 7 rows, then point the cursor to the right to form a box of 5 x 7 (5 columns, 7 rows). Then click the box in the lower right. Tables will be directly inserted in your document.
- If you want to create a table with a size of 9 or more rows, or columns of a table with 11 columns or more then to make it you have to click the Insert Table …item
- When you click Insert Table, you will be given a dialog to fill in the number of rows and columns as well as size.
- In the dialogue:
- Number of Columns: required number of columns you want
- Number of rows: required number of rows you want
- Fixed Column width: the width for each column
- Autofit to Contents: the table will be created with a minimum size, and will become more width automatically according to the content that you enter
- Autofit to window: the table will be made as wide as the existing window, the width of each column divided equally / equal.
- Remember dimensions for new tables: if you provide a check that you fill then the value will be the default value if you will create the table again
- Fill in values in the table carefully, and then press the OK button to create a table in the document.
Tips Creating tables in Microsoft Word
- Arrange the table columns to fit the format you want.
- If you want to create a calendar format or wish to use the supplied table format you can see it on a Quick Tables .. item