How to Sort Text Data in the Table in Microsoft Word. The data that we have sometimes to be more readable if the state ordered according to certain rules. Ordering can be either from smallest to largest (Ascending, A to Z) or from large to small (Descending, Z to A). To sort text data in the table Microsoft Word 2007 you can follow the steps below.
- Select / click the table to be sorted data
- From the Table Tools menu, click Layout
- Then click the Sort button to sort the data
- In the Sort dialog that appears fill in value
- In the My List Has, select the Header Row if you do a table cell block including its Header Row, just choose No. If no header row.
- In the Sort by fill listbox with available values. If you do not use the header row, then the leftmost column is column 1.
- Fill in if you want to sort the data table as a number or text
- Then if you want to make the order from large to small (descending) then you must select the option descending, if not then your data will be sorted from smallest to largest (ascending).
- Ensure that the data that you use has been appropriate, and click OK.
Tips when Sorting the Table Data in Microsoft Word
Sometimes when we use our data showing the serial number is located in the leftmost column. The sequence number is usually a messy or not sequential. To sort again, do the sorting for the serial number. First of all blocks of the sequence number column. Then do the process of sorting the data as above. But at the Sort dialog appears, click the options button at the bottom left. Then in the dialog that appears, on the sort options, provide a check on the sort column only. Then click OK. Finally click OK in the Sort dialog.