How to Convert Tables to Text in Microsoft Word. Convert the table to text? This is very rarely done, but it is also important for some people. Honestly I think.. why write this article .. cause only a few people yet who need the conversion table to text, most are also in the circle of the world of IT and application .. most is just the programmer . When you change the table into the text form, and save it in a text file, then in fact you have done one of the advantages that are rarely used. One of the advantages of a text file is that you do not necessarily have to open it with Microsoft Word! You can open the file with Notepad, Wordpad, or perhaps by using opensource-based applications. Anyway, here’s the steps you can take if you want to convert a table into text.
- Selection table or row that will be converted into text
- On the Table Tools menu, select the tab layout
- Then click Convert To Text
- After that you will be given a Convert Table to Text dialog, which asks separator / separator for the text of the table you have. Do you want to use the Paragraph, Tab, Comma, or others, eg the character “#,” $ “,” @ “,” – “and so on. Fill in accordance with what you need. Then click OK.
- Cell or conversion table that you have now become a text in a Microsoft Word document.
Tips Conversion Table to Text
- Converting tables to text commonly used by programmers, or people who need the data tables in a simpler form.
- If you want to use the “comma” or other characters as separator text, then make sure that the contents of table cells that you want to convert to text does not use these characters.